Tuesday 8 March 2016

Ascension Into The Light

Posted by Kitsune at 11:28
Tell us about your ascension into the light and casting off of the darkness.

This was the first anonymous question I received and I'm glad for it, so thoughtful! Rather than putting up a quick answer this one deserved it's own post.

For many mages forming their attunement is the biggest decision they'll make. To choose the light or the darkness will flavour their development for the rest of their lives. But for me it wasn't a conscious choice, it was simply something I felt was right, perhaps it was my temperament or the nature of the spirits I interacted with in my early years. Either way having seen a lot of negativity towards magic I always wanted to use my abilities to help people, to support them and uplift them.

That said I wouldn't call my attunement an 'ascension', that would imply that affinity with the light is somehow above the use of dark magic. Light and dark are two sides of the same coin. I may not use dark magic but I haven't cast it off entirely, it is still a part of me, a part of us all. Dawn would not come without the night to herald it's arrival. The light speaks to me as the darkness speaks to others, but if a mage tries to cut themselves off entirely from their opposed element they cut themself off from an ability to learn and understand more.

 Take into account the concept of Yin and Yang, two opposites that may conflict at times but also perfectly compliment each other.

I chose my path early on and have no regrets but I'll always keep sight of the other path and do my best to understand it. perhaps one day I'll look into the notion of whether a mage with one attunement can learn a basic spell from the other side of the coin but right now I can say with all confidence that the light is who I am.

Want to ask me an anonymous question? You can do so here! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 

Kitsune Speaks Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea